Want to make sure that you stay on top of your goals?
Then try incorporating inspirational quotes to your goal setting routine.
Here at Ink+Volt, it’s no secret that we are big fans of goals. Not only do goals give our lives a sense of direction, but they add structure and shape to our days, and give us a sense of purpose. And nothing beats the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment you get after reaching a big goal.
But it’s been said that people tend to abandon their goals within a month after setting them. We’re all gung-ho and excited in the beginning, but once we get a taste of the hard work and sacrifice it takes to reach a goal, our enthusiasm tends to wane.
So how do we ensure that we stay on top of our goals, and stick with them during the tough times? Whether it’s the daily grind of chipping away at your novel or dealing with an onslaught of rejection, we need to figure out how to stay the course.
If we want to commit to our goals, we need to check in with them often and enjoy the process. But if you’ve ever tried to muster enthusiasm for an early morning workout, you know that “enjoying the process” is easier said than done. Whether it’s a daily workout or a study session, these activities can feel like a slog, and even painful times. However, if we want to motivate ourselves during these challenging times, a simple tool we can use is inspirational quotes.
That’s right. Words have power. And when they resonate with us on a deep, personal level, they can encourage us to push forward when the going gets tough.
How to motivate yourself with inspiring goal quotes
Motivational quotes can be deeply empowering. There’s a reason that everyone from writers to CEOs to Olympic athletes incorporate inspirational quotes in their daily routine. So here are some ways that you, too, can utilize these goal setting quotes to help you achieve your goal.
Write down an inspiring quote in your planner. If you have a particularly challenging week ahead or an important meeting coming up at work, a quote can offer encouragement and support. Write the quote down in your planner so you can have it there in front of you. Refer to it when you wake up or before attending your important meeting or whenever you need an emotional boost.
Make a poster. Break out the colorful pens and construction paper and create a fun, bold poster with your quote right in the center. We’ve all heard how powerful it is to write things down. Now imagine how powerful it can be when you write down inspiring words and see it everyday. This will motivate you to do your best and keep going.
Print it out. You can also print out our list of quotes below and put them somewhere you can see them. Tuck them inside your planner or hang them above your workspace or keep them on your nightstand. Recite them like a mantra or reflect on them in your journal.
Powerful quotes to reach your goals
Here are some inspiring quotes to help you commit to your goals and motivate you to keep going even when challenges arise. These quotes come from writers, artists, and business people who have all achieved success but are no strangers to hard work and adversity. So channel their spirit, energy, and drive, and let these words push you forward to help you seize your goals.
- “Fear lives in the head. And courage lives in the heart. The job is to get from one to the other.” ― Louise Penny
- “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- "I’m not going to continue knocking that old door that doesn’t open for me. I’m going to create my own door and walk through that.” ― Ava DuVernay
- “If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.” ― Amy Tan
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else." ― Sara Blakely (Founder & CEO, Spanx)
- “Where there is a will, there is a way. If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open.” — Pauline Kael
- "Do what you love, and don’t stop until you get what you love. Work as hard as you can. Imagine immensities. Don’t compromise. Don’t waste time. In order to strive for a remarkable life, you have to decide that you want one." ― Debbie Millman
- "Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons of life." ― Kristi Yamaguchi
- “Today isn't just another day. Today I'll create something beautiful.” ― Austin Kleon
- "You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." ― Michael Phelps
- "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear." ― Mark Twain
- “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "I believe in destiny. But I also believe that you can’t just sit back and let destiny happen. A lot of times, an opportunity might fall into your lap, but you have to be ready for that opportunity. You can’t sit there waiting on it. A lot of times you are going to have to get out there and make it happen.” ― Spike Lee
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”― Babe Ruth
- "Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ― Julia Child