Whenever you need a boost of confidence, it can help to utter these three simple, but powerful words: you got this.
Everyone has experienced moments of self-doubt and fear. After all, we’re only human beings and it’s only natural that our confidence and self-esteem will waver at times.
A simple trick you can use to overcome these tough times is to empower yourself with positive words. Whether it’s repeating “you go this” or reciting your favorite mantra, an inspirational quote can profoundly change our outlook, and help us recognize our own strength and abilities.
Even Olympic athletes motivate themselves with positive words before big moments.
You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete to employ positive quotes or benefit from them. You can turn to these quotes whenever you need a boost of confidence and need a reminder of your greatness.
Some people like to use inspirational quotes…
- Before a big presentation
- Before an important exam
- In the morning to get your day off to a positive start
- In the evening to end the day on a calm, confident note
We’ve collected our favorite quotes to help inspire your day and remind you: “you got this!”
Tools for “you got this” quotes
Here are some tools you can use to help you record your quotes and refer to them whenever you need a positive boost.
You can keep these quotes by your bedside and read them when you wake up in the morning, or before you go to bed at night. Or display them around your workspace to have regular reminders of how great you are.
- Paper planner
- Vision board
- Washi tape
- Pens and markers
- Sticky notes
- Gratitude journal
- Bullet journal
21 "you got this" quotes to inspire you
- "Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you." - Misty Copeland
- “Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it.”- Mother Theresa
- “You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.” - Diana Ross
- “Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.” - Cheryl Strayed
- "Let me start with issuing you a challenge: Be better than you are. Set a goal that seems unattainable, and when you reach that goal, set another one even higher."- Herb Brooks.
- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison
- “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” - Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of, ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” - Marissa Mayer
- “The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” - Vince Lombardi
- “I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.” - Mia Hamm
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” - Muhammad Ali
- “Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it lit.” - Mary Lou Retton
- “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” - Drew Houston
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” - Arthur Ashe
- “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” - Marie Curie
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” - Pele
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” - Stephen King
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” - Wilma Rudolph
- “I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau
- “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does--that makes you a winner right there.” - Venus Williams
- “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” - Bruce Lee