Writing Action: A Book of Writing Prompts
Created by the San Francisco Writer's Grotto, Writing Action is a workbook designed to guide you through the process of creating page-turning prose.
This workbook consists of prompts and space to write, with opportunities to explore how both high-stakes and low-key moments can be action-packed. Among other ideas, you’ll be asked to write an account of:
- A highly competitive game of hopscotch
- An orange being peeled as if it were the last one on earth
- A car ride with an overly confident student driver
- A meal prepared by a cook who is really depressed
- The step-by-step process of opening a long-awaited piece of mail
Perfectly sized to take to a café, on vacation, or on your morning commute, this book is designed for practicing your creative writing a little bit at a time.