Writing Dialogue: A Book of Writing Prompts
If you're looking to hone your writing skills, look no further than this series of writing books by the San Francisco Writer's Grotto.
Writing Dialogue is a workbook that consists of prompts and space to write, providing opportunities to explore how dialogue can bring your characters and plotlines to life. You'll be offered pointers for creating believable speech in your fiction. Among other ideas, you'll be asked to write speech for:
- A pent-up confession of love
- A family's reaction when dinner is ruined
- A job interview in which the interviewee has all the power
- A first date that is going well (and then not so well)
- A toast at a dinner party, honoring someone who has wronged you
Perfectly sized to take to a café, on vacation, or on your morning commute, this book is designed for practicing your creative writing a little bit at a time.