There’s nothing like a good inspirational quote to remind us to take advantage of the first day of the weekend and enjoy our Saturdays.
If you’re a freelancer, self-entrepreneur, or someone who works unconventional hours, Saturday can unfortunately seem less like a day off, and more like another day to answer work emails.
And with so many Americans working from home these days, the line between work and personal time has become even more blurred.
With stress and burnout and resignations on the rise, it’s clear that we need to prioritize our weekends more than ever. Taking a couple of days off can do wonders for our spirit and well-being, making us feel refreshed by the time Monday rolls around. Plus, weekends give us something to look forward to. When we’re stuck at work in a boring meeting, all we have to do is remember that Saturday is only a few days away to lift our spirits.
We’ve rounded up some affirming quotes to help inspire you to take advantage of your Saturday. Whether you want to accomplish a personal goal, or do a self-care activity, or do absolutely nothing at all, you deserve the day off.
Inspirational quotes for a relaxing Saturday
It’s so easy to slip into work mode on Saturdays and feel guilty about making time for yourself. Read these quotes to help inspire you to avoid checking your inbox and have a leisurely Saturday.
- “Better days are coming. They are called Saturday and Sunday.” – Unknown
- “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” – Bill Watterson
- “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.” – Zoe Saldana
- “Unless it’s an emergency, don’t bother me after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends.” – Merv Griffin
Need ideas on how to relax on a Saturday?
- Write in your journal and decorate your pages with fun markers.
- Curl up on the couch with your favorite book.
- Turn your phone off and gaze out the window.
- Do a mindful activity like knitting or calligraphy.
- Do something you’ve always wanted to do. Maybe it’s taking a dance class or going ice skating or having a game night with friends. Do an activity that would make your inner child happy!
Inspirational quotes for tackling a small goal on Saturday
Some people like to use their Saturday as a day for taking care of their house or pursuing a personal development goal. This way, they can still use their Sunday as a day of rest and relaxation.
Here are some quotes if you’re looking for a little extra motivation to get started.
- “The small amounts of progress I’ve made are still integral parts of my growth.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “It’s the weekend. Do something that your future self will thank you for.” – Unknown
- “Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Lower the bar. Actually spending ten minutes clearing off one shelf is better than fantasizing about spending a weekend cleaning out the basement.” –Gretchen Rubin
- “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” – Marilyn Vos Savant
Feeling motivated? Here are some ideas for small goals and projects you can accomplish on Saturdays.
House cleaning. Do a little tidying on Saturday to make your home a haven for the rest of the weekend. You can focus on one “zone” of your home like your bedroom or bathroom. If you’re looking for an even smaller house project, organize a drawer in your room or sort clothes that need to be donated or recycled. You’ll feel a big sense of accomplishment without feeling drained. Check out Shira Gill’s home organization challenge for more ideas.
Personal development habit. You can use your Saturdays to pursue personal development goals. Ask yourself: how would I like to feel at the end of the month? Then dedicate some time on Saturdays to get you closer to that goal. Looking to develop a meditation routine? Then try meditating for ten minutes on Saturday. Want to increase your step count? Go for a 40 minute walk around your neighborhood. Want to have better sleep? Turn off your devices by a certain hour so you can have a relaxing night time routine.
Inspirational quotes for self-care Saturdays
Take these inspirational quotes to heart and to remind yourself that self-care shouldn’t be a once-a-year special event. We need to regularly hit refresh and take care of ourselves. And the good thing is you don’t need tons of time or expensive spa treatments to get the benefits of a self-care routine.
- “Friday nights don't tend to be late as I like getting up early on Saturday. By 8am, you can find me in a yoga class. It's great to kick off the weekend with some exercise and it does set you up for the day.” – Rachel Khoo
- “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”– Audrey Hepburn.
- “Your body tells you what it needs, and if you sleep past your alarm on a Saturday morning, it’s probably because you need the sleep.” – Sophia Bush
Need ideas for self-care Saturdays?
Write in your gratitude journal. When we express gratitude, we feel happier and lighter. Take some time on Saturday to write in your gratitude journal and express what you are grateful for from the . previous week and what you’re looking forward to in the upcoming week.
Cook something comforting. There’s something so meditative and soothing about chopping up vegetables or frosting a cake or stirring a big pot of soup. Find a yummy recipe that you’d like to try and then enjoy the rewards of your labor.
Use eucalyptus bath gel. This will make a hot shower feel like an indulgent spa treatment.Have a lazy morning. Read the paper in bed. Sit on a bench with a cup of coffee and watch the world go by. Bring a blanket and lie down in the park. When we slow down and do nothing, we feel better. Period.