Writing Character: A Book of Writing Prompts
Writing Character is a workbook created by the San Francisco Writer's Grotto that consists of prompts and space to write, providing opportunities to develop your own characters. You'll be offered pointers for observing and capturing human complexity. Among other ideas, you'll be asked to create:
- A sketch of a famous person you admire
- A portrait of someone based on items on his desk
- A positive take on someone you loathe
- A description of your mother's emotions as they are expressed by her eyes
- A scene involving a group of people, focusing exclusively on how they use their hands
Perfectly sized to take to a café, on vacation, or on your morning commute, this book is designed for practicing your creative writing a little bit at a time.
If you're looking to hone your writing skills, look no further than the entire collection of writing books in this series: Writing Action, Writing Sci-Fi and Fantasy, Writing Dialogue, Writing Humor, and Writing Memoir.