Writing Humor: A Book of Writing Prompts
Writing Humor is a workbook created by the San Francisco Writer's Grotto that consists of prompts and space to write, providing opportunities to explore your voice in various hilarious scenarios.
You'll be offered pointers for developing your own comedic style. Among other ideas, you'll be asked to write:
- An account of a bachelor, from the perspective of his refrigerator
- A Craigslist ad for something you are desperate to sell
- A eulogy to a pair of jeans that no longer fit
- An evaluation of a coworker in the form of a school report card
- A list of embarrassing moments that are funny in hindsight
Perfectly sized to take to a café, on vacation, or on your morning commute, this book is designed for practicing your creative writing a little bit at a time.